This job posting is no longer active on AtlantaJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your AtlantaJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Senior Developer - IT
Delta Air Lines, Inc. has an opening for Sr. Developer - IT in Atlanta, Georgia.
Lead teams and implement front ends associated with the technical designs for product/project teams. Lead team efforts, delegate tasks, follow up on progress of the team and coach junior and new team members. Transform business requirements into conceptual/logical application architectures. Determine feasibility and scalability of front-end solutions. Interact with business and product owners in order to define technical solutions. Triage, manage, and prevent production issues as needed. Review UI (User Interface) Design for feasibility and impact analysis. Develop sustainable accessibility-compliant solutions. Provide technical debt resolutions, conduct prevention and code reviews. Analyze and implement Performance/Stability/Reliability initiatives. Design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). Lead and influence technical direction for large-scale, highly complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring integration of cross-functional systems. Provide technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals. Design and develop applications. 40 hours per week. Less than 5% travel to other Delta locations, including Minneapolis.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and five years of experience in application development.
Must have five years of experience with the following:
- Designing web based applications using .Net and PowerBuilder, including developing re-usable components with Adobe Flex and ColdFusion;
- Creating Rest-based web services and SOA services using Java and utilizing frameworks including Spring;
- Developing and supporting Oracle database scripts in support of data capture for application support;
- Creating queries using Microsoft SQL Server developer;
- Developing test case design, performing test case execution, and working with business and other IT teams to resolve identified issues using Remedy tool;
- Creating system technical documentation and leading effort to analyze, test and debug applications based on those documents; and
- Identifying code compatibility issues with existing code using technologies including JSP, WebSphere, Servlets, Angular JS, EJB, and Unix.
Must have two years of experience with the following:
- Setting up Software Configuration Management process using Jenkins for continuous deployment and delivery;
- Using Hibernate to design and develop application modules that connect with relational databases;
- Applying Quality forward development practices, with automation at forefront for continuous quality using Test Driven Development; and
- Designing and developing performant sites focused on optimal time to interact for end consumers, and continuous focus on improvement of sites that adhere to best practices for information security.
Also must pass standard company background check and drug test.
To apply, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Requisition #276733.